Private Equity Funds Associate- Investor Side Group (’17-’20)
Location: New York
Employer: Vault/AmLaw Top 25
Experience Requirement: 1+ years of experience in a corporate department of a major law firm. Experience advising private equity firms on fund formation, administration, portfolio investment, co-investments arrangements and/or compliance issues is a plus. Ideal candidate would have experience with private equity fund work at a global firm, but M&A, finance or other corporate experience may be acceptable as well. Experience with hedge funds and hybrid funds is also helpful.
Responsibilities likely to include but are not limited to:
- Advising buyers and sellers of limited partnership interests in private equity funds in secondary transactions, including restructurings, tender offers and other bespoke transactions as well as negotiating purchase agreements with secondary transaction counterparties.
- Advising institutional investors on a global basis in connection with co-investments through co-investment funds organized by private equity sponsors to co-investment with the main fund in specific portfolio investments, as well as joint ventures and direct minority investments.
- Advising institutional investors on a global basis in their capacity as anchor/seed investors.
- Advising institutional investors from the US, Europe and Asia in connection with:
- Investments in buyout, venture, credit, real estate and other focus private equity funds, US and non-US, including reviewing and negotiating limited partnership agreements and side letters.
- Negotiations of separately managed accounts and advisory arrangements.
Academics: Exceptional performance in law school
Bar Admission Requirement: New York
Market Compensation (graduating class):
’21- $215,000 + annual bonus
’20- $225,000 + annual bonus
’19- $250,000 + annual bonus
’18- $295,000 + annual bonus
’17- $345,000 + annual bonus
’16- $370,000 + annual bonus
’15- $400,000 + annual bonus
’14- $415,000 + annual bonus
Signing Bonus: Yes
Ken Klawans, President
Office: 800-200-9950 Ext. 701
*****ALL INQUIRIES 100% CONFIDENTIAL*****
Listing ID: 77094CTC