Investment Management Associate (’14-’17)
Location: New York
Employer: Vault/AmLaw Top 25 firm
Experience Requirement: 4+ years experience advising on regulatory, compliance and transactional issues arising in the asset management industry. Substantial experience advising clients in the asset management industry on regulatory and compliance issues. Excellent research and drafting skills and creative, solutions-oriented approach to legal and regulatory issues. Strong performance in law school.
Description: Investment Management Associate (’14-’17 graduating class)
Responsibilities include advising financial services firms (including investment advisers and sponsors of private investment funds) on issues under the federal securities laws, including primarily the Investment Company Act of 1940, and the Investment Advisers Act of 1940, and the Securities Act of 1933
- Advising on SEC examinations, enforcement inquiries and investigations
- Facilitating the creation and maintenance of compliance programs and policies and advising on the structuring and registration of investment advisers
- Advising on complex “status” issues under the Investment Advisers Act and Investment Company Act
- Advising on disclosure requirements in connection with fund formation projects
- Advising on deal structures and fee arrangements in transactional contexts, including M&A deals, secondaries and co-investment transactions
- Negotiating regulatory points with counterparties in connection with fund formations and M&A transactions
- Analyzing Securities Act exempt offering requirements, particularly general solicitation/advertising issues.
- Assisting with significant client development projects (alerts, client trainings, etc.) and in-house firm training and education.
- Ideal candidate will have several years of significant responsibility advising clients in the asset management industry at a large law firm.
Bar Admission Requirement: New York
Market Compensation (graduating class):
’21- $215,000 + annual bonus
’20- $225,000 + annual bonus
’19- $250,000 + annual bonus
’18- $295,000 + annual bonus
’17- $345,000 + annual bonus
’16- $370,000 + annual bonus
’15- $400,000 + annual bonus
’14- $415,000 + annual bonus
Signing Bonus: Yes
Ken Klawans, President
Office: 800-200-9950 Ext. 701
*****ALL INQUIRIES 100% CONFIDENTIAL*****
Listing ID: 17380LQX